Monday, August 4, 2014
In addition to "i.e." and "e.g.," I think we should have "e.e." as a grammatical phrase. It would be used to introduce a clause that is inspired by, or quoting, E.E. Cummings. For example: "Everyone should contemplate the nature of mortality, e.e. how do you like your blueeyed boy Mister Death."
Sunday, August 3, 2014
I recently came across this recipe for making pancakes with a rice cooker, and after seeing the results, I found out that I could do one better: making a pancake with your fire safe!
- Your favorite pancake mix
- A fire safe
- A fireplace
- To start, simply toss your pancake mix and any other ingredients it calls for into the fire safe.
- Next, stir everything together until it reaches a uniform consistency.
- Build a fire in your fireplace.
- After that, lock the fire safe and throw it in the fire.
- Turn over the safe every 15 to 20 minutes.
- After just 45 minutes, take the safe out of the fireplace and serve your delicious pancake!