Monday, November 12, 2012

Sherlock

I don't watch much TV at all. Part of this is because I choose to waste all my time on the internet instead--reading, facebooking, google plussing, etc. Part of it is because I'm prideful and like to think I'm not wasting my time on that crass consumeristic trash that passes for TV these days, focusing instead on higher art like cinema and literature (I'm only sounding a little more pretentious than I actually am). Of course, this is just silly, because TV can have amazing plot and writing and acting too; there's no principled way to prefer other art forms over it. But anyways, I see some Daily Show/Colbert clips when friends link to them, and I recently went through all the new seasons of Doctor Who, but other than that my TV show watching is virtually nonexistent.

Except for recently: my current TV series love is Sherlock. I decided to deign to try it out since it's written by the genius behind the last season or two of Doctor Who, and it's really really well done. Great writing, great acting, and fun detective stories. If you haven't checked it out, it's on Netflix and I recommend it. Also, each episode is an hour and a half long, so really you can just tell yourself you're watching a feature-length film if you're too cool for TV like me.

2 comments:

  1. I love Sherlock too! It's almost like we're related.

    That is part of why I am nerdily excited about the Hobbit - the guy who plays Watson is Bilbo Baggins!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What, why didn't you tell me you watched Sherlock?!? Regardless, glad to hear it! :)

    ReplyDelete