Monday, September 21, 2009

Ear Candy


If you want to hear good music, and I mean really quality music, please listen to Chanticleer. They are one of the most widely acclaimed male vocal groups around. If you own some of their stuff already, I plead with you to get out some good headphones and listen some more because--c'mon--it will be worth it. If, on the other hand, you don't have any of their stuff or haven't even heard them (shame!), then go find something post-haste. I'm listening to their gospel album Where the Sun Will Never Go Down and it is just stupendous. Oh my word it is good.

To paraphrase the words that Richard G. Scott has unfortunately never actually said, "If you have not listened to Chanticleer, I plead with you. Listen to them now. Do not delay. If you have thought, 'That’s not for me,' I plead with you to reconsider. Of all bands I treasure, this one was the first."

So there you have it. They were endorsed by a fictional General Authority quote. The thinking has been done. So go listen!

5 comments:

  1. Would you have a suggestion of your favorite song(s)? I've never heard of them...stone me now!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh man, that's tough. Dad has one or two of their albums, so ask him, and if he has Where the Sun Will Never Go Down, I recommend that whole album, but especially the songs Old Time Religion, Deep River, I've Been 'Buked, and Twelve Gates to the City. The song Wondrous Love from the album of the same name is also lovely. Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  3. i love chanticleer! i used to listen to them in high school

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow... I remember being on a bus in Parnu going toward the Kontserdi Maja when an investigator told me she had an extra ticket to the Chanticleer concert and asked if I wanted to go. I almost did. Weren't you my companion then? We could see the Kontserdi Maja from our windows, just across the river!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yes Mark, I was your companion, and tried to get you to go. You totally should have :)

    ReplyDelete