Tuesday, March 24, 2009

Ahh, the ghetto that is University Villa!


I live at University Villa, and don't get me wrong: I like it. My roommates are the grapes, my ward is chill, rent is cheap, and cleaning checks are not analistic. But I do have to chuckle sometimes at the ghettoness of the place. (Disclaimer: I know, compared to 95% of the world, I live in the lap of luxury here. I am talking strictly relative to middle-class America when I call it the ghetto)

Half of the walls are (painted) cinderblock. The pool is going to be mostly a big gravel hole without water for another month and a half. And--what really motivated this post--this is a picture of how maintenance fixes leaks in the floor of our bathroom: by putting some caulking down and holding it in place with a board which in turn is held down by two rocks and some phone books. Stupendous!

1 comment:

  1. They just remodeled those bathrooms just a few years ago!

    ReplyDelete