Monday, January 28, 2008

Remembering


Gordon Bitner Hinckley died today at the ripe old age of 97. He was the only prophet and president of the church I ever knew. Some things I really liked about him:
his sense of humor
his voice: warm, gentle, sometimes cracking, always loving
his testimoney: direct and powerful
his optimism

The world is not quite as good a place as it was yesterday when he was still here, but it is a vastly better place than it was 97 years ago, due in no small part to his magnificent life. He can now be with his amazing wife again, so I'm sure he's happy.

While reading Psalms today I came across this verse that I think sums up what Pres. Hinckley might have been able to say in his last days to the Lord: "As for me, I will behold thy face in righteousness: I shall be satisfied, when I awake, with thy likeness."

No comments:

Post a Comment