Wednesday, October 3, 2007

covers

I don't know why, but I have a soft spot for cover versions of songs. They don't even necessarily have to be "good" for me to like them, though of course that helps too. This is a random list of cover songs that I enjoy:

Hallelujah - Jeff Buckley
Faith - Limp Bizkit
Twist and Shout - The Beatles
Because - Elliott Smith
Hurt - Johnny Cash
Mrs. Robinson - Lemonheads
The Boxer - Bob Dylan
anything Joan Baez covers
Big Yellow Taxi - Counting Crows
etc.

Any I missed?

1 comment:

  1. ok, some of these are sentimental. or they all are. i really don't prefer covers. i like the orginals. and cat stevens is best left as is. That said sentimentally, i like:

    along comes mary..bloodhound gang
    daniel..tori amos
    such great heights..iron and wine
    nobody does it better..radiohead
    against the odds..postal service
    man of constant sorrow..bob dylan

    mmm.

    ReplyDelete