Thursday, July 26, 2007

Oh but those were the days...


Nothing like a bit of nostalgia, and that's what I got when reading this great list of someone's 25 all-time favorite Calvin and Hobbes strips. Was that a wonderful comic or what? I mean, the sarcastic and macabre humor, the stupendous vocabulary, and beautiful artwork do indeed make C&H the greatest comic ever. So here's to those good old Calvin and Hobbes books; you know, the ones with titles like "Homicidal Psycho Jungle Cat," "Revenge of the Baby-Sat," and "Attack of the Deranged Mutant Killer Monster Snow Goons." This strip was creativity, pure and unadulterated. I still remember when it stopped, it was rough, but at least it went out on top. Calvin and Hobbes is probably at least 50% responsible for most of my love of reading. I definitely learned more words reading it than anything else before high school. I just can't say enough about it, so I'll stop, and just remember. mmm...

p.s. image is from simply calvin and hobbes

No comments:

Post a Comment